Join Our Team:Jobs and Volunteering
Whether it’s for a few hours a week, once a year at a special event, or something in between, your time makes a difference for our coast. Volunteers are needed to assist with office tasks, to help with special events and education/community outreach, advocacy projects and more!
- Education and Community Outreach: Staff our One Hundred Miles information table and help distribute educational materials, raise awareness about our coast and our organization. Assist Education staff with field trips, clean-ups, education projects and more!
- Advocacy: Work with Advocacy staff to raise awareness and address critical issues impacting our coast (i.e. write letters, attend meetings, etc.). Citizen Science Projects – coming soon!
- General/Admin: Help with monthly or quarterly mailings, thank-you notes, phone calls, filing, organizing supplies and database maintenance.
- Special Events and more!
Becoming a OHM Volunteer Today
- Attend a Volunteer Training Night (see dates below).
- Our Coastal Education Coordinator Kelly Patton will email you our monthly volunteer newsletter with upcoming opportunities.
- Sign-up for available opportunities on your own & volunteer!
Attend a Volunteer Training Night. If you’re interested in giving back to our coast and helping us get ready for exciting education events and becoming a coastal advocate – join us! Twice a month, OHM will lead a volunteer training in our Brunswick and Savannah offices. Interested volunteers can choose their topic of interest and attend our training on Coastal Advocacy, Education and Outreach, or both sessions.
Sign-up for a Volunteer Training Night online by clicking the button below. Please contact Kelly Patton Coastal Education Coordinator for questions.
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
VOLUNTEER AT OUR CONFERENCE: Help us make Choosing to Lead (CTL) a success by donating your time as a CTL volunteer! We’ll need help volunteers to help with registration/check-in, workshop panels, information booths, book & merchandises, and so much more. Sign up for one of our Choosing to Lead volunteer trainings!
Conference Volunteer Training Dates:
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 (OHM Brunswick Office)
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 (OHM Brunswick Office)
End of Year Mailings!
One Hundred Miles Brunswick Office
We’re looking for a few extra hands to help us with our big end of the year mailings! We promise to provide strong coffee, light snacks, and all around good company.
Volunteers are needed in-house for the following dates …
– Monday, December 4th (10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm)
– Tuesday, December 5th (10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm)