Mission | Vision:Thriving communities, protected landscapes, and secure wildlife.
The mission of One Hundred Miles is to preserve, protect, and enhance Georgia’s 100-mile coast.
We envision a future where coastal Georgia has thriving communities, protected landscapes, and secure wildlife.
Our work is guided by several essential principles. We believe:
- Georgia’s coast is a national treasure that requires careful stewardship by citizens, policy makers, advocates, government agencies, and businesses alike.
- Our quality of life depends on preserving natural coastal features in the midst of growth and development.
- Healthy coastal ecology is essential to economic development.
- Scientific knowledge, investigation, and inquiry are critical to building our understanding of coastal systems and the species that rely on them for their survival.
- Georgia is home to many business leaders, researchers, environmental advocates, government agencies, and citizens who add value to our collective conservation efforts.
- Georgia’s coast benefits when groups and individuals cooperate to achieve shared goal through open engagement and partnerships.